Adapting the 6 lessons learned for a business transformation to the cloud from - NetApp's CIO - The CIO's New Role: The Business Of The Business.
Working with a solutions consulting firm like Mountain Point can help you with your strategy to move your business to the cloud. These lessons learned from NetApp apply to most businesses considering this transformation.
- Providing advice and guidance on appropriate cloud solutions—the broker role
- Gathering solid understanding of cloud-provider roadmaps
- Adapting to evolve with the changing IT landscape
- Being willing to work in partnership with competitors
- Driving efficiency, through disciplined cost optimization
- Becoming experts in business process and agile responsiveness
The last point - Becoming experts in business process and agile responsiveness - is a great lesson that always stands out the most to us in our engagements. Most business processes are extremely dated and have not evolved over the years to reflect the current state of operations. For more on this check out our Post on Your Business Model Won't Last.